Beltane Spring Market 2022
is known for one of the world’s most diverse ecosystems. We have the rain, sun, beaches, mountains, ocean, lakes, rivers and multitudes of wildlife species. We have one of the most capable communities who can grow their own food, build and make their own crafts and support each other in a way no other communities can. We protect our resources, care for our environment and support healthy sustainable living.
This is why we started Vancouver Island Market, our events bring community talents together.
What to expect at VIM
a fun vibrant group who are willing to share resources through education and awareness workshops, caring for our environment through the practice of upcycling, shopping and eating local and supporting Island growers, bakers, and makers.
“Let your passions, lead the way”
Everything about us and the world around us is cyclical but so much of our human thinking, and how we’ve been trained to work is linear. Acknowledging our cycles creates spaces for periods of activity and creativity, and periods of rest and self care. . 🌼 It is with this connection to the cycles of nature that Beltane, or May Day Market on April 30-May 1 was born.
Join Vancouver Island Market at Nanaimo North Town Centre
on Saturday from 10-6p And Sunday from 11-5p (Mall Hours) in this free and interactive event suitable for all ages.
This Spring Market's itinerary:
2 days of creativity and inspiration from over 80 + vendors.
- Artisan crafts | Kitties + Cream, Van Isle Goddess, Hightide Natural Products, Raven Song Love + more
- Yummy foods + treats | Buttercream Bliss, Sweet Treats N' More, AW Organics, Easy Treats
- Food Trucks | Sip & Sliders, Donairtz, Bees Knees Donuts
- Brews: Misguided Spirits Craft Distillery, True North Distillery, Cliffside Brew Co., Wayward Distillery and Antidote Distilling Co.
- Workshop + Demos: Make & Take Workshop from Moonlight Macrame.
- Photo Photography Workshop from Jinsei Media and PMC Demo from Ageliki Designs
- Mother's Day Gifts for sale throughout the 2 day show. Giveaway!
We are giving away a pair of passes to our workshop on May 1st
To enter, respond below with the last thing you learned to make and tag a friend you want to learn macrame with.
Class include all materials, a pdf to take home and a full 1.5hrs of interaction with your instructor.